How never to be bored (even on a treadmill!) …

runningI am rarely bored. And in all honesty, I don’t quite get how anyone can be. Not really. I mean how can anyone be bored when we – the human race as a collective – are blessed with imagination and the ability to dream?

Case in point, I hate running on treadmills. (And believe me, hate is not a word I throw around lightly.) If you’re a hardcore runner, like the U.S. Postal Service kind of runner (you know, you don’t let wind, rain, sleet or snow stop you) then you undoubtedly agree with me and you too probably think running on a treadmill sucks because it so very, very, very boring. Fortunately for me though, I have become a card carrying member of Roosevelt’s, “If you build it they will come,” club. Meaning, IF I think it, IF I can picture it … then it will be. Get it? And when I am on a treadmill for sixty some odd minutes the ONLY thing that makes the minutes palatable is that I have an enviable ability to pretend I am somewhere other than where I actually am. Yes, I day dream – a lot. And this morning, rather than play myself, I donned the role of a five-minute miler hot on the trail of a first place finish at Boston. I mean why not?

If you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted, One moment,
Would you capture it or just let it slip? ~ Eminem

And so, I ran … and I ran … and I caught that lady in front of me, passed her, and stood on my own little podium of accomplishment. That’s the great thing about daydreams – they can help you achieve your goals. And imagination – be it conscious or not – can place you in the exact spot you need to be in order to make your dreams reality, whatever they may be.

So dream – dream whenever you can and make them awesome. Build those castles in the sky and then take the stairs that will get you there, even if it’s one small step at a time. And I promise, you won’t be bored along the way. Life is awesome – go live it! And don’t be afraid to use your imagination – you might just surprise yourself and will something great to happen.

And remember Rabbit … you can do anything you set your mind to.

Today’s post inspired The Daily Prompt: YAWN! “What bores you?”

Advertisements

1. Jordan Marie says:

Awe.. cute post! Thanks for reminding us to use our imagination.. I look forward to whatever I decide tomorrow will bring..

<3xojo
    @ holdingontothelittlethings.typepad.com

2. Terri Weston says:

Thanks for the follow, following back. Visualization is important in reaching goals, totally agree, good post.

3. Thanks for joining me at Create With Joy – following back – be sure to check out my cuirrent GFC follower giveaway which ends on Sunday!

Ramona

4. Eminem always gets me pumped! Thanks for stoppin by my blog…following you back :)

5. Terri. says:

Thanks for the follow, I am following back via GFC, sorry it has taken my so long to get over to your blog.

6. Jill says:

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one out there winning all the races on the treadmill!! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog – I'm returning the favour and following you back!

Hope you have a great week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

7. Dayna Musto says:

Hi there – I'm following you back from the Wednesday blog hop. I wish I was a runner, only cycle and not often enough. Have a great day.

Dayna

8. Love this thought! Being on the treadmill for long stints of time is always the hardest thing ever for me. Ugh! Thanks for stopping by!

9. Ha! I am so with you about the treadmill – ugh! Thanks for the encouragement :)

Thanks too for stopping by Tiggerific Tuesday blog hop at Magical Mouse Schoolhouse!

10. Thanks forbth follow too

11. Love running to eminem… the chorus to that song just pulses adrenaline through your veins..
    Lose yourself in the music, the moment, ya betta never let it go
    You only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow 'cause opportunity comes one in a life time…
    Chills just typing it.
    Ready for the treadmill again.
    Cathy

12. Kim says:

Following you back! My brother just moved to Seattle, and I work for a company that is headquartered in Indy!

13. MiMi says:

The only thing that would make my time on a treadmill enjoyable would be…like if it was a dream? LOL

14. Meghan says:

I do the elliptical every morning at 8:00 am…(in horrible shape that elliptical I might add haha)…and I always ALWAYS imagine I'm in Australia for about twenty minutes :)
    I'm imagining it for now but one day I'll be at the beautiful country…I remind myself that I've made that promise to myself. That I will go to Australia to meet my sister.

15. Cori Ann says:

I must be overly distracted when I am on the treadmill. It usually goes like this:
    HGTV is on the TV, I have music in my ears and I am mentally planning my to-do lists,etc. Anything to take away the focus off running and not going anywhere! But it is worth it, because I can then better focus on what I need to accomplish next. thanks for sharing, I totally agree 100%.