How to make the most out of your Monday —

Monday’s have been given a bad rap, but for no reason that I find even the slightest bit sensible. OK, OK … I know, for a large majority of the word it’s back to work … back to school … back to whatever grind people have to grind … but, the grind is just another part of life — a necessity, if you will, not at all unlike eating, sleeping, washing clothes … or, in my humble opinion, working out .So I say lets collectively free Monday of her abysmal reputation and instead of dreading her, I suggest we exalt Mighty Monday and revere her arrival — why? Because although she might not be Ruby Tuesday, she still brings with her a shot at a do-over … it’s like New Year’s Day only smaller but still significant enough that you can rewrite your check list, jump back on that bandwagon, start that whatchamacallit routine all over again. Because like a birthday, Monday is a slap-in-the-face reminder that you’ve got a life to live. It’s another chance. Like a new dawn, it’s a fresh start — another opening for success.

Besides, all days be them enjoyable or not, are but fleeting moments of time so why not make the most of what little time you have.

And so on this particular Monday morning, go claim your spot in the do-over line and give yourself permission to start over or pick up where you left off … whatever you do, just DO! And remember, dawn wakes no one twice. (Yes, this is my little attempt at a self-appointed pep talk, because quite frankly, today sucks but since it’s mine to live, I best figure out how to do just that! Hell, maybe just for fun I’ll even start a “Monday’s don’t suck” club … with t-shirts and a clubhouse to boot :) Today’s post inspired by lack of sleep and the Daily One-word Prompt: Fleeting.

Advertisements

1. If this is the kind of great stuff you articulate on lack of sleep, then I wish you insomnia in your future. Not for bad health of course but for more humourous, candid, and interesting posts like this! Marianne

2. Vicky says:

Love your view on Mondays! It's chance to start over again. LOVE it!

I am a new follower from The Friday Friend Conenct (a day late!). Would love a follow back if you get a chance at http://messforless.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

3. Ciao Mama's says:

Hello love your positive attitude about Monday for years I dreaded it but now I look forward to it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a new follower :0)

4. I love your Monday outlook! I'll keep it in mind next time I experience a bad case of the “Mondays.”

5. Lorren says:

I love this perspective! What a great way to look at Mondays. I am going to share this in my classroom and at home with my family. New Follower!

6. I love this! Thanks for the follow, I am following you back :) We do a date night on Monday to help spice it up. Very fun!

7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like your thoughts on Monday's, I've never looked at it like that. Next Monday is a new day, hooray!

-Katie
    Craft spotter

8. Xenia says:

What a fun idea! Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great rest of your week!

9. Olivia says:

Hey there, Shauna… I'm a new follower now! Thanks for stopping by my blog… I hope you had a great “Do-Over” Monday, my friend… and, I hope your week is full of blessings, too! :) Olivia

10. Mare says:

thanks for the follow! following back! Like your perspective on Mondays!
    luv,